Friday, March 28, 2008

Life changes

Hmmm...to make an extremely long story short. So, I officially broke up with Ryan. Why? Well, I just feel at this point in my life that I shouldn't be in a serious relationship because I don't feel like I can make a decision about who I want to be with for the rest of my life until I get a real dating experience for awhile and see what attributes I do want in a life long companion. Ryan is convinced that I will always be the one for him, but I feel like this is something mandatory that I need to do for my own peace of mind. I just feel too young to continue in a relationship when plans of getting married wouldn't be coming in less than 2 years anyways. Dating one person for that long seems kind of pointless and monotonous. We have been arguing a lot lately anyways, and I feel like I have completely broken his heart, so I feel extremely guilty and like a horrible person. But, if I don't do it now, I will have to do it later. So for now, I am single and dating guys (not looking for anything serious!!) and having the college experience, since I have basically been in a relationship the whole time. Mom's advice was to do what she did when she was in college, date 20 guys before she got married. I'm not sure I can get that many, but we'll see!!
I have had good luck so far. I am dating 2 people presently. The last two nights I went on a date with a guy named Marty. He's totally different than anyone I've dated. He gets paid to snowboard, double majoring in International Studies and Business and speaks Spanish fluently, from Maryland, pretty religious (Catholic), amazing cook, and does every outdoor hobby you can imagine. We went snowmobiling last night up the canyons and it was SO awesome. I have never been and highly recommend it. Only the stars lit up the mountain and we got to a high peak and watched shooting stars and he pointed out constellations. You could also see Park City on one side, Salt Lake City on the other side, and then a bunch of ski resorts all around. It was definitely the coolest date I have been on!
Then tonight I am going on a date with a kid named Jeff. (I've told you about him Laura) He's from Bountiful, Accounting major, plays churchball like it's his job (his team won the region championships last night haha), really tall, does bike races, and he used to play on the Utes football team. We were going to go sledding in Park City but he got hurt in his games last night so we are just going to dinner and to see "21", even though Rottentomatoes.com gave it a poor review.
And then, I got an email from the nursing school saying they are reviewing my application and will let me know by mid April! So keep your fingers crossed, pray, do a lucky dance, or whatever to help me get in!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

After reading that first line, I was about to pick up the phone and call you. But then I continued reading and I guess you're doing just fine? Heh. Have fun. And I'm excited to hear about your entrance to nursing school.